We are looking for the perfect fried chicken sandwich recipe to make it home. Well look no further, because this recipe is perfect to satisfy your cravings for the crunchy, moist fried chicken sandwich, with the right amount of spices to set those taste buds on fire.
Here is what you will need:
- Chicken Breast
- Burger Buns
- Toppings of Choice
- Mayonnaise/Spicy Mayonnaise
For the chicken marinade you will need:
- 4 cups of Buttermilk
- 1 cup of Hot Sauce
For the Seasoning:
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 3 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper or Chilli Powder
- 2 tsp Paprika
For the Breading:
- Flour mixed with 1/2 cup cornstarch and 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1 tsp mustard
Here is what you need to do:
- Take the chicken breast and pound it to compress the meat.
- Make the marinade by combining the buttermilk and hot sauce. Leave the chicken in the marinade and let it rest. Overnight marination brings the best results.
- Make the spice mixture and divide it into two halves. Apply one half on the marinated chicken and the other half into the flour mixture.
- Combine 3 eggs, 1/2 cup of water, mustard and hot sauce for the wet better.
- Bread the chicken by first dipping it into the egg mixture and then completely coating it with the flour mixture. Repeat for adding more crunch to the chicken.
- Preheat the oil to 185 degree Celsius. Fry the chicken for approximately 3 minutes or till golden brown. The internal temperature of the chicken should be 73 degree Celsius, so bake for 15 minutes or till the internal temperature is reached.
- Apply mayonnaise on toasted buns. Add pickles or tomatoes according to preference. Place the chicken in the buns and serve.